Monday, July 31, 2006

The First Ball


Look at everyone dancing. How nice.


Here come the Bennets, all looking very fine this evening, don't you think?


Lydia: "Aren't I a cute little flirt? I wonder if any taller boys will show up. It's a bit of a drag dancing with people who only come up to my skirt."


A hush falls over the room, followed by descreet whispers. "Who are those fine-looking people? Could they be the rich Mr. Bingly and his friends?" Indeed they are: Mr. Bingly is here and he has brought his sister, Miss Caroline Bingly, and his very handsome, light-saber-bearing, extremely rich friend, Mr. Darcy.


Look at everyone dancing. The joy! But wait, where is the fine Mr. Darcy?


Mr. Bingly: "Darcy, I must have you dance. You are making a fool of all of us!"
Darcy: "You are dancing with the only pretty girl in the room. Who am I to dance with while still feeding my oversized ego?"
Bingly: "Well look, there, next to you. There is Jane's sister Elizabeth. She is quite lovely as well."
Darcy: "Sure, sure, quite lovely. I am afraid she is not nearly handsome enough to tempt me. Go to your lovely lady and enjoy her smiles."


Lizzy: *giggle, giggle* "Can you believe he said that to me?" *giggle* "I shall now have to loathe him for all eternity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home